For this delicious casserole recipe you can use any white fish of your choice, but we definitely recommend either Grouper or Seabass, trust us!
- 2 NETUNO Seabass/Grouper fillets
- 1 large white onion (or 2 small ones)
- Bechamel Sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon softened, unsalted butter
- Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Pinch of nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ cup white wine
- 2 cups chopped bread, no crust
- 2 cups shredded cheese, we recommend Emmentaler, Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- Optional: 4 tablespoons natural tomato paste
- Grease a casserole dish with softened butter and preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Cook onion on a pre-heated skillet with olive oil until soft and brown, and then add thyme, nutmeg and paprika. TIP: add a little water to prevent from darkening too quickly.
- Chop NETUNO Seabass fillets into large chunks and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place chunks evenly in the casserole and add white wine.
- Spread the seasoned onion and chopped bread evenly in the casserole.
- Pour the bechamel sauce and top with your cheese of choice.
- Optional: Add a few tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Bake for around 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is brown.
- Serve and enjoy!