- 1 bag NETUNO clams
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 potatoes, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped (only the white part)
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the clams in a large pot with 4 cups of water, on medium-high heat until the clams have opened. Discard any clams that do not open after 20 minutes and put the broth aside.
- Cook the leek in the butter until soft, then add potatoes and wine until potatoes have started to soften and wine has evaporated.
- Cover the potatoes with the clam broth, then add the thyme and bay leaf. Cover the pot and let simmer.
- When potatoes are tender, add cream, clams, salt & pepper to taste. Let simmer until just boiling.
- Remove the bay leaf and thyme and let the chowder sit for a while to thicken.
- Heat on the stove right before serving and garnish with chopped parsley.