- ½ red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 pound of NETUNO Cobia Dice
- 2–3 garlic cloves very finely minced (use a garlic press)
- 1– 1 ½ teaspoons of kosher salt, start with 1, add more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼–½ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 fresh serrano or jalapeño chili pepper seeded and very finely chopped
- ¾ cup fresh lime juice (4–6 limes) freshly squeezed
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half (or 1 cup diced tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 1 semi-firm Avocado, diced, as a garnish (optional)
- Slice the red onion very thinly and salt generously and let stand 15 minutes until it begins to release its liquid (this will remove the bitterness). Rinse well, squeeze dry.
- Place fish, garlic, onion, salt, pepper, fresh chilies, and lime juice in a shallow serving bowl, gently mix and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving. The longer you marinate, the firmer and more “cooked” the fish will become.
- Before serving, gently toss in the fresh cilantro, cucumber, and tomato and a drizzle of olive oil, and gently mix.
- Taste for salt and add more if necessary. If adding avocado, gently fold it in after everything is mixed. Try to use one that is not too soft.
- For a bit of crunch, serve with toasted corn or plantain chips.